ad·ven·ture (as defined at Dictionary.com)
1. an exciting or very unusual experience.
2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.
3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
4. a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.
Adventure in my life is synonymous with challenge, expansion, evolution, achievement, self-discovery and, always, a touch of wander. It’s about entering a field of battle or grove of naturebound vignettes as an open, receiving, searching soul and exiting a different person. Transformed. Inspired. Infinitely better. Closer to the depths of me and the far-reaching corners my heart.
It’s about obliterating limits of mind and body to feel more alive. Briefly disposing of the ordinary moments of life to live, for a moment, the stuff from which dreams are made. To, indeed, dream with my eyes wide open and my ears snapped shut to the “shouldn’ts” and “can’ts” of others and my own self-doubt. To arise victorious where others fear to roam.
- Stronghold & My Inner Discovery – June 2014 Archive